Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've finally seen "Idiocracy"

After being told by many friends and acquaintances over the last few months that I "must see" this movie, Mrs. Wit and I settled in and watched Mike Judge's Idiocracy for the first time.

And the verdict is: I may have to buy this movie. It's just that good. It's more than just good, it's scary. The general population of the future presented in this film is pretty much comprised of the sorts of people mocked intelligence and manners in high school and, well, the White House of today.

See this movie. It shows, in part, my vision of the Dim Age we are now entering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I laughed, I cried...I just wish it wasn't so (*@#ing true.
I'm going out to get this movie. Might need antidepressants afterwards, but hopefully my sick sense of humor will kick in and I'll laugh my bumper off first.

Anonymous said...

If a two minute clip is that funny, can't wait to see the whole movie. Will look for it.